PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening with BA recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2012, 08:18
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to say it, but BA is a commercial company, not a part of an "Employment Rights" process.

... how hard is it to just tell us once and for all that the chance of employment is officially zero?
If you have decided the chance is "zero", it might make life easier for you.. and you can move on. In practice it probably is not zero

I'm getting tired of hearing the same excuse all the time, no one knows what's going on because of the uncertainty with BMI, retirees etc, the dire economy
Would you rather they just made up lies? Or does the truth hurt?

well fair enough but this is peoples lives you're dealing with here
See above, they seem to have been fairly clear throughout about the interview / hold pool process and stuck to their word. It just seems some don't like the truth?

put the work in and EARNT a place in this company have just been shunned and left to wither on the vine.
Nobody, including myself has "earned", or deserved, a place in BA. Either everything lines up, from qualifications to interviews to economy to places available, or it does not. What have you done to "earn" your place, apart from complete an application and attend a day or 2 of interviews / assessments?

There is a lot of work going on now with the bmi integration, and that alone leaves numbers uncertain for some time. The law, practicality and just any sense of "the right thing" would show the bmi pilots need to be absorbed prior DEPs, and I would place the bmibaby pilots next (but whether that holds any likliehood I do not know?)