PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency Management Queensland, Helicopter Rescue
Old 27th Aug 2012, 06:52
Turkeyslapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMMMMMMMM, lets hope not!
Careflight absorbing 3 x AW139's and 2 x B412's plus Pilots, Aircrew and Engineering, I don't think so!

I can't think of anything worse to happen to the EMS Helicopter Community in Queensland if this were to happen.
Care to elaborate on that? Firstly, I am personally a fan of EMQ however given the slashing and burning that is happening in QLD its not surprising that this has come up.

So far as CareFlight, whilst not perfect by any stretch (what company is) why couldn't they do it - they have undergone quite a lot of growth in the last few years (7 x helicopters, 3 odd jets) whilst servicing quite a diverse range of clients and communities (with IFR/NVG platforms) which are often geographically a long way apart! Sometimes they are even known to operate from YBAF, so much for the ability of those 3 x AW139 and 2 x 412 to cover 3 bases No organisation (commercial, charity or government is perfect).

I don't even know if CareFlight or others are even interested in this however, broad brush statements like the one above are a little wide of the mark. Anyway, lets see how it all pans out and maybe nothing will change!

Cheers

Last edited by Turkeyslapper; 27th Aug 2012 at 06:52.