PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's in charge - RyanAir
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2012, 02:47
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mod edit - personal I deal with it my way as cabin manager and thus far I have not had any real problems. I am well aware that I can (usually) count on the Captain but I have rarely needed it as I have control. When I do need it, I utilise the Captains authority. You should know as well as I do that some of our routes can be 'party buses' (not my term) and depending on the pax profile I exercise common sense and above all, discretion. That, I find, works fine.

Now I have double checked the manual and confiscating alcohol, I was incorrect but trainers did, and possibly still do, tell Crew they cannot confiscate it. I have, only a few weeks ago on a flight half full of squaddies, confiscated alcohol at a time when I thought this wasn't company policy. That shows that I manage my flights effectively. I have also never said that I allow passengers to drink own alcohol. I did however say that I'd rather pax drink alcohol that I had served them than drink their own, a policy I still stand by. You of all people should know how bloody hard it is to catch people drinking their own booze. How many times have you come across empty bottles on turn around???

A couple of people have taken my posts completely the wrong way and they have also judged me on my performance with no real evidence in which to substantiate it. To her credit, jester lady has PM'd me and realised this even of we don't agree so please afford me that courtesy too because like I said.... I'm known to be a very competent CM at my base. Mod edit - personal