PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2012, 18:55
ElJeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Chileno777,

I think is a totally fair comparison, that is why I expressed what I really think.

Most of the airlines does not help to get "work" permits, I went to an interview with AIRES (LAN Colombia), passed the interview, they told me as soon as I am able to get the "work permit" somehow to give them a call.

If a Chilean want to work in Iberia, I am going to explain you the process.... First get your JAA tickets, then get married with a Spanish girl and then apply to the airline that you wish to work.

In order to work in LAN and anywhere in South America you need a work permit otherwise the airline will not hire you,.... another different story is corporate, I know there are pilots working with Tourist visa, but that happen EVERYWHERE.

The answer to your question is NO, European pilots will not allow anybody without a work permit to work in Europe, the same applies to Chileans, Peruvians, Americans, etc...

By the way I am heading back to Africa next month, let me know where you are and we can talk about this over some beers!!!

Cheers!!!