PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (UK) Etiquette on service termination
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2012, 14:09
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats not the way its working in practise Legal with some units.

You won't get a deconfliction service anyway you will get a basic or if you are very very lucky a traffic service.

And as for refusing an agreement all hell lets loose.

Last time I did that it was 10 plus RT calls to which each responce was "negative" and restating what my intentions were, it finished with them issuing an avoidance instruction to the vector they wanted me on to clear their ILS by 5 miles for a loco who was 10 mins out. I went on route and got a phone call from the SATCO later who I invited to MOR me, which he declined the offer and started bleating about airmanship and stating that I would never make a commercial pilot with my attitude. The thanks mate but I am already a CAT ATPL Captain and if your CAT traffic doesn't want to downgrade to a traffic service they can take the extra track miles caused the phone to be put down.

To be honest from a pilots point of view ATSOCAS isn't fit for purpose. Its confusing and not logical for most if not all none UK pilots. And the rules about deconflicting traffic are more onerous than operating inside controlled airspace.

Last edited by mad_jock; 26th Aug 2012 at 14:18.