PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Like ARSSE (The Army Rumour Site)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2012, 13:17
The Cryptkeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel compelled to post a reply to a lot of the comments written on this thread so far. Firstly I suspect none of you work with the Prince or have even met him. I have had the pleasure of working with him for the last couple of years and let me tell you he is a thoroughly decent, down to earth and pretty much all round good bloke.

What a lot of people don't seem to realise is that his life never stops. When we all knock off for the weekend or come back from exercise he is whisked off to some official engagement. So when he actually does get some time off it is (in my lowly opinion) well deserved. Imagine being on an extremely intense course (AH CTR) and not getting any down time? I can't and I doff my hat to him for maintaining is humour and humility throughout.

Finally, for all you doubters out there he is a very competent CPG and his experience on the ground as a JTAC has served him well. Anyone who thinks that he got through on anything else than merit is essentially insulting the professionalism of all the QHIs and instructors that have taught and mentored him throughout the last 3 years.

If he wants to let off steam by behaving like any other young army officer then let him - and consider the motives of the person who sold the pictures.