PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Like ARSSE (The Army Rumour Site)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2012, 09:15
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked closely with the RAF quite a bit, and there were some outstanding people I met.

This thread is an interesting one IMHO as there are clearly some posters here who have broken masses of service rules, and taken part in lots of illegal activities while in paid crown service. I know this as I have read their 'stories' on this site. Oddly some of these same posters are now being very critical of the prince (and yes I know it has been said earlier on this thread, and that these very same posters are choosing to ignore the hints).

I wonder what they would have to say if he had been caught placing a webber BBQ onboard an aircraft, or illegally bringing cigarettes or alcohol into the country (but of course not being ones of the people who 'abused' this illegal activity by bringing too many. He could I suppose have been caught using hundreds of thousands of pounds of tax payers money fraudulently by picking up fresh salmon in a SH cab!

I cannot say if the prince is immature as I have NEVER met him or spent long enough in his company to have a sound opinion.

I feel sorry for him to have been caught out when he was doing something he thought was private, and at this point it must be remembered that attempting to burn a piano, or to use a mess cannon in public would result in arrest (and hopefully to some here the loss of commission it seems). Maybe his youth or possibly niavety let him down here, or maybe his security team did (I'm sure someone is looking ast this right now).

It does have to also be re said that he is not in the RAF, and that his day job includes such things as killing people using a 5.56 weapon, on blowing them into little pieces using a 30mm cannon! I find it odd that ending someones life who you have never met or spoken to and have no dislike for is seen as OK, but being naked in private is a huge no no.