PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2012, 02:03
sonsama91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cactus,
Initially wanted to find out wether anyone had actually tried with qualifications like me. But since you mention the conditions of once upon being hired by virgin Australia, here I go.
Are you happy to work for a low rate of pay? Can't be worse than doing 60 hours per week for 41k/annum "VA IS OFFERING 50k for The cadets during their traineeship"
Are you happy to be part of the new 'lowering of the bar' method of employement? working in a 'modern kitchen' where everything from stoves to oven isn't working once every week.
The 30 yo grob that I flew in my flight school was more reliable than my oven.
Are you happy to tickle HR's ears with stories about fun, frivolity and flair while singing a song and building a house of cards at your group interview? I do These things every hour at work, not just to the employers but also to the customers too.
Are you happy to remain in a low paying gig where promotion in flight ops is only gaurenteed to 'yes men' and those with strong gums? Yet again, this is an understatement.
So yeah, from what I am experiencing the conditions for working as a cadet in virgin is paradise. It may sound unfair or just plain ridiculous to majority of you.