PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/CAA/CASA/ICAO conversion to FAA
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 23:51
MarkerInbound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I said, they'll have to fit you into an approved syllabus they have. If all they have besides Initial is 250 hours within 5 years they're having to cover someone who may have 4+1/2 years of other stuff they have to brain dump to be spooled up for the current type. I do some 142 training on the side and I've had a few students point out, "Well on the Acme 123 the ..." My normal response is along the lines, "Do these panel posters on the wall look like an Acme 123?"

If I ran a 142 I'd have 6 or 7 syllabuses for each type. Initial, Recurrent, Upgrade (which would cover pilots current on type on a foreign license), Transition from any transport jet (I shouldn't have to build you a jet engine from Scratch), Transition from the same manufacturer (Boeing electrical systems are all 727 systems, plus or minus an AC bus, Airbus builds them all the same, Douglas used some of the same parts on the 8s, 9s and 10s.), time on type within 2 years and time on type within 5. All I need is a building and a sim and $$$$ and time.