PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baggage handler arrested at Paris airport
Old 11th Jan 2003, 02:22
PorcoRosso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was watching this thread from the beginning , so predictible ....
Taste like "jump on conlcusion"

The first day the man was arrested, he claimed it was a family conspiracy ... And the police also arrested the main witness (the foreign legion guy ) So I guess they were not totally convinced by this "amateur terrorist" scenario ( I can imagine the training in Al Quaeda camps : "Don't exhibit explosives and guns on Airport parking ....It may ring a bell" )

As far as security breach is involved, I remember having read far more cases of "journos able to board a 737 at LHR" (or elsewhere in UK) than in France .. As a matter of fact I read it on Pprune.

Security is a nightmare in CDG ? well, probably...but let's face the truth : a clever terrorist will always find a way to introduce explosives or weapon on board.. it may take time, but it's feasible, anywhere.

A last word about the Algerian terrorism we had to deal with in France, the past years.
The worst event was the hijacking of an AF Airbus by Algerian terrorists ...in Algiers, not in CDG. They forced the crew to land in Marseilles, in order to refuel before attempting to crash the plane on Paris. But that was a different issue ,since the french SWAT succesfully "neutralized" them.

I don't think we are the worst here in France