PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Like ARSSE (The Army Rumour Site)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 19:20
Biggus

Received 72 Likes on 33 Posts
This issue clearly divides people into two very distinct camps, who may have to agree to differ....

On the one hand there is the "he is a junior officer in the armed forces, where such high jinxs are perfectly acceptable by a young single individual, especially as all involved were unattached and consenting"....

The there is the "he is third in line to the throne and should be setting a better example" camp.

Which is he - unfortunately both, and that is the line he must tread with care on a daily basis. How many "average" junior officers would get 2 weeks off to attend every major event at the Olympics with front row seats, including being the senior British representative at the closing ceremony. Followed by time off in Las Vegas, and if the papers are to believed, time before that partying with some hooray henrys in the Caribbean. That would be my full leave entitlement used up, and what other Royal duties/charity work has he done this year. He is perhaps an Army Officer by choice, a member of the Royal family by birth.

He is between a rock and a hard place. If he made a mistake, it was the classic one of getting caught - which in this day of cameras in phones and people willing to "kiss and tell" is all too easy.....

I'm not sure what purpose this thread (indeed most pprune threads!) will serve, as nobody on one side appears to be willing to as much as acknowledge the viewpoint of the other!