PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots warn about Turkish Airline in Danish news paper Politikken
Old 25th Aug 2012, 19:04
dignified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr VIP's in Turkey

Indeed, when presented with a list of VIP's from ESB/IST recently, the Cabin Chief made the clarification that apart from the Kaptain, there were additional 6 VIP's on-board, one of them, a member of parliament.
In Turkey anyone can be a VIP, from security guards to virtually anyone who wears a tie and polished shoes. I do not mean to stir contention here, but the President of the Union in Turkey told THY management not so long ago, that the they did not and I quote: "have the faintest idea of how to run and airline. They have no idea not even on how a kite flies". end of quote. (Todays Zaman) July/2012
Most foreigners are not even approached or consulted on at least the lamest Q?, hey Kaptain, were your procedures any different from ours? is there something "WE" proud and imbecile local pilots can learn from your former procedures?
I mentioned before, and I remind the distinguish group of professionals again, THY and Turkey is a Chauvinist society. Nicolas Chauvin venerated Napoleon Bonaparte, Turks venerate their beliefs to an obnoxious degree.
By the way, I suggest future announcements in Turkish to be made by the F/A, so that way she is doing a fine job, "On Behalf of the Captain", not a mere F/O claiming to be the "Captain" when in essence they cannot understand the difference between "being", and/or "pretending to be".