PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Like ARSSE (The Army Rumour Site)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 17:41
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I consider that his Colonel-in-Chief should require him to resign his commission. Notwithstanding his prowess as an army helicopter co-pilot, his behaviour was far beneath that required of an officer.

Until he mends his ways, he is quite demonstrably not fit to hold the Queen's Commission."

Imagine coming across this quote cold, with no idea to who or what it referred.

Reading this quote, one might reasonably assume that the person being referred to had committed some heinous or treasonous crime against his brothers in arms or the nation.

Imagine trying to guess what the person had done.....

Periodically on this Forum there are threads/posts from posters which revel in the chance to stick the boot in annonymously to some other member of the of their own military who is in public trouble/difficulty.

For example:
The girly Red Arrow thread
The Harrier Crash in Afghan
The various posts/threads implying that Harry and William don't deserve their wings and only got them because of their position, and other similarly unedifying examples of appalingly disloyal behaviour?

The military is a band of brothers, not a club where you stab your oppo in the bag so you can crawl over his body to to make yourself look better. Each egregious example breaks down the trust which is essential for an operationaly effective service.

Perhaps the quote at the start of this post refers to one of the cowardly posters of these spineless accusations? Someone who hides behind anonymity to revel in the mistakes of others or snipe at those in the public eye?
Perhaps finally there is a call to remove such people from this forum?

No, of course not. How could I be so stupid?!

This is about something far more serious!

It refers to single young Army officer getting naked in his private hotel suite in Vegas.

Personally, I've been naked in public in Vegas. Didn't get asked to resign. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I was not playing Billiards. Maybe next time.

Anybody else been naked in Vegas?
Anyone been naked anywhere else noteworthy?

Oh, one last thing.

If you only served as an RAF Officer in a cold war, impugning the right of an Army Officer who has served on the ground in Afghanistan to hold a Queen's commision makes you a tw@t in my book.