PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 13:43
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and reconciling the numbers will not reverse the tragedy.
but might stop it happening again.
Only if the numbers were somehow part of the chain of incidents leading up to this accident. In other words: if the numbers on the entry form would have been correct, the accident would not have happened.

Somehow I don't see that connection. Regardless of whether the numbers were wrong out of carelessness or outright lies.

The only conceivable way I can see that that claim would be true, is if the pilot told outright lies because if he told the truth, he would not meet the acceptance criteria set by the Reno organization. But I have not seen a suggestion anywhere that that would be the case.

I don't think one needs any expertise in air accident investigation - nor a desire to be an investigator neither pro or am to be able to read the published material and have a view.
True. But don't be surprised if other people, who also may or may not have expertise in air accident investigation, pro or am, have a different view, and thus disagree with you. Particularly if not all the facts are known or public, and people have to infer things partly based on their own experience.

And in situations like that, the one making the boldest claim is the one that will receive the most flak.