PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 09:15
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rom your latest post, Euro control have agreed to allow it back providing it's calibrated within a week. I'm not sure what's so significant about the period of one week but we won't complain.
Because there's no reason to complain? If any failure occurs to an ILS system it has to be re-calibrated just to rule out any other deficiencies. Its like when the text in a projector becomes unclear it needs to be re-calibrated, except in this case your dealing with aircraft and there is no room for errors of any nature. Basically eurocontrol is who the IAA report to in situations like this and there usually told get it re-calibrated before it goes back into service, the situation Cork can be put in without an operating ILS system causes serious disruption in bad weather, unfortunately like last Friday week. Eurocontrol however have left the ILS back into use as its going to be fully re-calibrated in a week and also due to the fact the manufacturer signed off on it, its pretty simple I don't really understand what all the fuss is about?

Anyhow that's my last comment on the matter its getting quite annoying and in future I'll think twice before I post information to the forum. To those of you who benefited from the information and contacted me via PM I'll be glad to provide any further details to you. Those who have consistently fired back at the information I gave have been wrong and maybe its too much for you guys to accept that.