PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is reading this Forum ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 08:28
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BPF;

This particular forum covers a huge range of experience, from people struggling to get to first solo, right through to retired operators of some serious kit, but it is about private flying. I'm lucky (very) I get to play with a very nice big private jet, some really nice helicopters for work and my own personal toy which is built of wood and fabric and is kind of short of technology in my spare time. I've had a license since I was seventeen, I'm fifty now and I still prefer the time I get to spend with people who are in love with aviation, rather than those who were in love with it, now tolerate it and just love the pay check.

I share an office (and sometimes a cockpit) with two other Pruners who think like me, and our talk over coffee tends to be of new private strips, permit renewals and weekends away together with our loved ones (aeroplanes) and wives if they decide to come too.

Keep up with the posts, aviation is a very difficult mistress, I often wonder how many people get a license and then stop, here is a place where we can encourage grass roots aviation, lets face it a kid flying with his grandad might aspire to spend his life flying, thats what happened to me, and I will be forever grateful to all the people I met at that time who encouraged me, from low time PPL's right up to a 707 training captain who wangled sim time and jump seat time for me.

Personally I always read what you, pace and a few others write, because I always enjoy those posts. If I want serious pro stuff I go to R&N, Rotorheads and the biz jet forum.

SND