PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Auditorium Boycott
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 06:07
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some more Q&As

Mr Slosar, you have published a set of standards defining how we conduct business, particularly the respect we show to our fellow employees. The 40 pilots on the Paris Base were given just 80 days notice to pack-up their lives and move to HK. Whilst not wishing to denegrate the hardship to any one individual, you should be aware that for some, particularly the solo parents, they now find themselves in a very difficult, if not impossible, position. No doubt you will answer the company has offered assistance to the affected pilots.

Question: Does telling an employee, particularly a solo parent, that they have just 80 days to relocate to the other side of the world meet the standards you set when taking over as CEO? Given the considerable resources available to CX, is offering a solo parent unpaid leave really an appropriate way of mitigating such a dramatic change to their lives?

Fluff answer: It would be inappropriate for me to comment on individual cases and I know the GMA is working closely with the affected Officers. I know the GMA joins with me in exressing sympathy and concern for the affected Officers. I am confident in the GMAs ability to meet the required standards of support which extend beyond unpaid leave.

Follow -up Question: When the Amsterdam Base closed, talks were held with the AOA and resultant of those talks, affected Officers were offered bases in other EU ports, notably London. What are your objections to offering the Paris Officers Bases, even Temp Bases, in London until either the Base Review is complete or the affected Officers have time to organize their affairs prior to moving to HK?

Fluff answer: As previously stated, I will not speculate on the result of the Base Review process. Regrettably, we cannot offer Temp Bases and the reasons for this Policy have been well publicized.