PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Auditorium Boycott
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 02:45
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following on from Flyingkiwi

I have some questions that I wish to see John Slosar answer. I won't ask them however because I am lacking in the gonad department and also I know what answer I will get. To short-circuit the system I will both ask and answer the questions

"Mr Slosar, you arrived to us from Swire Bottlers and you introduced yourself with a confident, relaxed style of Leadership with a shallow gradient of communication aimed at promoting a two-way flow. You will be aware that over half the pilot force is currently Based and the company is currently conducting a wholistic review of Bases. We have already seen two EU bases close and the pilot body is concerned the Review could result in further Base Closure, with the consequent and dramatic impact on the Based Pilots and their families.

Question: The company has chosen to not involve the AOA in the Base Review process. Given the gravity of the potential impact on the pilots, is this consistent with your aim of promoting two-way communication?

Fluff answer: The Base Review is currently underway and it would therefore be inappropriate to comment. Whilst I hope there will not be further Base Closures, we will communicate fully with the Pilot Body as to the results of the Base Review and work with them to minimize any undue impact upon the Pilot Body.

"The arguments in favour of Bases are well known and promoted by the Pilot Body. The operational benefit of Bases is well known and promoted by Rostering. What is not known are your personal views of the benefit of Bases as they relate to,

1. The Company's bottom line, and
2. The Company's ability to recruit and retain pilots.

Question: Rumours abound that you wish to bring all pilots back to HK, what are your views on Bases?

Fluff Answer: Beware of listening to Rumours. I have an open mind and shall wait for the result of the Basing Review before forming an opinion.

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 25th Aug 2012 at 02:49.