PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair bases and new EU regulations on social security
Old 24th Aug 2012, 20:56
jimsmitty01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depone,

I totally agree, most of the guys who are below command hours in FR / EK DEFO ;-) are on the new contracts that came out in 2009. This means they pay tax in Ireland at the going rate for contractors. The only way that guys on this deal can claim they are not paying any tax, is if they are claiming 100% of their income as expenses. Difficult to do this legitimately, but it is possible if you spent as much as you earned on "legitimate" business expenses.

To answer emergencyexits question: "Anyone received a base change or in the know of someone who did since June this year?"

I only know of the guys who left just before in March 2012 on the so called "summer contracts".

The interesting question would be, do these summer contracts constitute a change in your material circumstances?

If not then expect FR to be sending more guys and gals out on the temporary summer deal where A) They don't receive out of base pay and B) Don't have to worry about this threads original question!! - (Will FR have to pay their contractors social security contributions if their material circumstances change after June 2012? And therefore does this mean no one will ever get to change base again??)

Wow this has cheered me up for the weekend . . .

Last edited by jimsmitty01; 24th Aug 2012 at 21:00.