PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 20:24
ryan2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't directing my comments towards your post Jack but at the view that that it was technically impossible to do anything about restoring CAT 2 until September.

From your latest post, Euro control have agreed to allow it back providing it's calibrated within a week. I'm not sure what's so significant about the period of one week but we won't complain.

Sometimes man made decisions can be changed. For instance the DAA has a policy of closing the runway in Dublin for 4 hours after a snow closure in order to allow staff to clear the runway. When this policy was implemented on the mornng of 23rd December 2010, airlines objected and pointed out the chaos it would cause given the day that was in it. The runway was reopened in a much shorter time frame.

From the various posts and press releases there appears to have been a greater urgency about getting CAT 2 back after the chaos of last Friday. Given that Cork is prone to low
cloud, it is important that any difficulties with CAT 2 are be resolved as quickly as possible

Last edited by ryan2000; 24th Aug 2012 at 20:38.