PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lightning Down At FAOB
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 19:45
Tableview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The report states that the passenger should have been issued with a ticket. I suspect that the absence of that, which is a contract outlining legal liabilities and limitations, would, in the event of an accident, have placed the company (and not the pilot, for it is not his responsibility) in a very tenuous situation.

I am somewhat surprised to hear how bad things were at Thunder City as I have been there several times and know someone who was involved in its PR side. I had always held Mike Beachy Head in high regard. No longer. I hope he faces criminal charges.

Quote from guess who ............
Flying this fleet of seasoned fighters is one thing; keeping them going is another. Some of them are nearly 50 years old and just to keep the Lightning in the air for 40 minutes takes about 55 man hours of maintenance and preparation.

'Every little tiny thing, if it is not done right, becomes a weak link in the chain. If you cock up in business, you lose a bit of money and at worst it goes bust. If we cock up, you die,' says Mike.

Last edited by Tableview; 24th Aug 2012 at 19:51.