PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to go from here?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 17:54
BigglesWannabee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again,

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to read about my situation. I was unsure whether to post on here for fear that it would attract a lot of negativity, but it seems it has attracted quite the opposite.

Beazelbub, the words 'get off your backside' shocked me a bit when I read them, but in truth you are right. It's easy to carry on paying back my loan, working the job I do and putting the flying to one side for the foreseeable future. What's more difficult is changing this situation and acting upon it. I have now contacted numerous flight schools with a view to renewing not just my IR, but also my SEP. Once I have chosen an appopriate school and done the renewals, I then plan on flying here in Devon on a regular basis.

flyboy1818, I will check out the GAPAN scholarship in due course so thank you for the heads up. And to the others, it seems you were all in the same predicament as myself at one point or another, and you all made it through one way or the other to be successful - this gives me tremendous hope and determination to succeed also.

Just as an aside (and I'm sure there's plenty of information on this elsewhere on here), I get the impression a few of you are advising the instructor route. This was my initial idea when I first graduated from Flight School, however I was under the impression instructor jobs were few and far between and it was a case of throwing £7k down the drain? If not, then this is also something I will look into shortly.

Again, many thanks for your advice and I will continue to post on here in the future.