PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 16:52
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryan2000 I'll quote myself because your brain seem's to be incapable of doing that;

Posted 23rd Aug 2012 09:38

• The contractor who will be testing the ILS will be using its own aircraft to calibrate the system.
  • It has been scheduled since late June to be carried out in early September. The failure that occurred in early August has had no effect on this and the ILS will not be fully calibrated until early September as was planned
  • This is routine and is done as standard op to make sure there are no deficiencies in the system.
  • The G/S failed so the calibration currently in use on 17 has to be reset, that cant be done until a full update which is why the IAA are waiting until early September.

23rd Aug 2012 15:48
  • ''IAA have been allowed to re-introduce CAT II on 17 only because the full system will be fully re-calibrated in just over a week.''

The IAA originally consulted eurocontrol's safety division on the error's found and that they were working toward a solution - however eurocontrol informed the IAA the system would need to be fully re-calibrated before being allowed back into commercial service. The IAA then received approval from eurocontrol they were allowed to re-introduce the system as the system will be re-calibrated in less then a week and had also been approved by the manufacture of the ILS.

Can you now read my quotes above and point out were I was wrong? Or maybe now you don't believe the above either?

Ill now quote the IAA after they put the ILS back into service yesterday evening, ''Regulatory approval has been received for a restoration to Category 2 capability''.