PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 10:05
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it might also be the other way around.

If you design and/or modify an aircraft to race specifically in a race such as Reno, your entry form will not be the first contact you have with the organization. In fact, the entry form will, in all likelihood, be considered both by you and the organization as an afterthought. A bit of bureaucratic paperwork to make sure the i's are dotted, the t's are crossed and the accountant and the insurance company get that warm fuzzy feeling from thinking everything is "in ordnung". But I bet the organizers knew about his participation, and the details of his participation, months or even years before he submitted his entry form.

So I can well imagine the pilot just copies last years form and sends it in. In fact, I know situations (not in flying, but elsewhere) where the organization just copied last years form as a favour to the pilot. Heck, they probably knew way, way more about the pilot and the plane from personal knowledge, than what's on the entry form anyway.

So to me this doesn't indicate a disregard for the organization or a specific mind set. In contrast, it shows me that this guy was probably very, very familiar with the organization and vice versa.

Last edited by BackPacker; 24th Aug 2012 at 11:59.