PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QTR fuel management and ATC
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 09:06
zkpjm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferris, Yes maybe I am doing it 'wrong' trying to manage traffic according to the basic tenet of ATC... Safe, Orderly and Expeditious and you suggest some valid options.

Homo Ludens, I got the message a long time ago when I found that the general standard of airmanship in this region is poor to say the least.... Non compliance with level and speed restrictions, poor flight planning and/or non adherence to route clearances, failing to monitor the frequency... all those things that make this such a fun place to work!! Perhaps one of those nonsense speed restrictions was due to the traffic ahead of you failing to ‘play the game’

MD83FO interesting ... Can I quote you if I ever have to remind one of your crews on the air?

Ingwe and others, it’s not about giving priority to any particular aircraft... My consideration is the FLOW of traffic in an orderly and efficient manner... over the whole sequence/hour/day

I am genuinely interested in the economics....hence my questions

How much of a saving in fuel burn is there at F330 doing 74 compared to 78-80 for 120 miles??

How much of a penalty is it to the various aircraft behind when they fly extra track miles at reduced speed?

And how significant is the difference in fuel burn at F330 at 74 compared to 78 in an A320?? 50kg, 100kg????

Is there a saving or a cost in fuel burn if the A320 is at 74 F230???

There must be a techie type pilot here who can provide figures