PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is reading this Forum ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 22:38
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
In economies, we have markets, black markets, and grey markets. Similarly here. I would expect that most participants here can safely distinguish the market and black market of information being offered. It's the grey market information here which worries me.

Grey market information being that which though not wrong, if undertaken by an untrained pilot could be unsafe, or damaging, or otherwise results in an aircraft being operated very close to, or beyond its approved limitations. Some readers here might have difficulty distinguishing that information. Worse, it's usually that information which has that extra spark of interest.

Believe me, there are a lot of stupid things I have done in aircraft, and some more than once, which I would never mention here, for fear another reader, without the wisdom to realize how foolish it was, might attempt it. There are other things I do now with care, which are planned to go beyond limits, which I do discuss, but with the warning that these are planned flight tests, not routine flying.

Even things which may be within limits, but are pointing you toward being out - like simple aerobatics in a non aerobatic aircraft - are better not suggested as plausible, lest they tempt the untrained into attempting them. Grey market information.

Generally posters do very well in my estimation, in not presenting bad ideas as being good ones. But pilots must always remember that certified aircraft come with firm limitations, and a number of recommendations, which if followed, will ensure the safe flying experience we all want to have. Very few pilots on this forum are qualified to go poking beyond these limitations. Probably best kept that way....