PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 21:07
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I don't bother commenting much on QF these days, there doesn't seem any point.

The mugs that are running the place are infantile in their behaviour and outlook.

To put that another way, If I, when I was a CEO of a tiny company, told my Board that my grand strategy was to go into China, then turn tail and run like hell from that idea six months later, the Board would have rightly sacked me on the spot for incompetence.

To put that another way, my chairman (who was used to doing due diligence on multi billion dollar mining projects) would have had me explaining in detail why my China project was such a good idea and the thinking behind it, before I embarked on it.

The second external director on that Board - who was used to handling billion dollar corporate turnarounds and sat on a number of corporate boards and Government Authorities would have followed up on the Chairman with a graphic description of exactly what was going to happen to me if I stuffed up the execution of the strategy - and meant it.

To put that another way, if there is no way that the CEO of even a tiny company could get away with such incompetence, why the fcuk is Alan Joyce and the Qantas Board?

To put that yet another way, why aren't there penalties for the Board and Alan Joyce for their belated decision to cancel a stack of B787???????

Why aren't people questioning their judgement? The decision to wait for the B787 consumed that one irreplaceable resource - TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sunfish; 23rd Aug 2012 at 21:12.