PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hitting the plateau
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 19:29
localflighteast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace – I wanted to thank you for your detailed post and take the time to answer your questions as I really appreciate what you are trying to say
1) Did I fly a nice stable approach – I’ve quickly come to realize that crappy approaches make crappy landings. If I maintain circuit height all the way in my downwind, then usually my approaches are fairly OK. I can certainly judge if I’m too high or low and take appropriate action. I’m usually trimmed OK for the correct speed as well

2) Was the touchdown at the correct attitude to get a proper main wheel first touch down. You should give yourself a big smack up side the head if the aircraft touches on all 3 wheels at the same time or worse nosewheel first -
I’ve never done nosewheel firstsometimes my landings are a bit flat though , last time I may have overcompensated

3) Was the aircraft straight when it touched. If it gave a little lurch to one side when the mains touched it was not straight. –
usually OK here – managed a good crosswind , one wheel then the other last night

4) Was the touchdown on the centre line and near the chosen touchdown spot –
I’m working on the centre line thing. I don’t seem to be able to pick a good visual clue to line us up straight – instructor says use rivet line , but when he showed me as a demo , it didn’t seem to line up for me. I’m always down in the first third of the runway

Anyways thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts I appreciate them all