PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QTR fuel management and ATC
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 13:57
DESDI OR BUST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zkpjm......I feel for you buddy. I really do. We get the same a**holes flying through UAE.

To be honest, this is going to be a major headache for Controllers as we try to do our VERY best with as LITTLE airspace as possible. Its unfortunate that a sizeable minority of pilots have no concept of the traffic situation they are a part of. Not to mind that, but the fact that they should realise by now that the companies they work for are the fastest growing in the world and are part of a very complicated and complex airways system in the Middle East. I've challenged pilots before about these nuisance requests. I'm not really concerned about your fuel problem until you call a MAYDAY. Until then, you'll fit where I put you! We're mostly all professionals here that infortunately, and not through our own fault, have little regard for one anothers work environment. But that's another days work.

We understand that fuel management can be a problem for pilots as they continue to be bombarded with unreasonable fuel policies from their airlines. But, again, I'm not really that concerned. There is a perfectly good reason for a speed restriction or vector. We're not doing it for the fun of it.

To answer the question on a B777 following an A320. Yes, sometimes we do. It depends entirely on distance, height, groundspeed.

Don't be surprised the next time you fail to follow an ATC instruction (for yours and others safety) that a report will be filed and expect a call and few nasty questions from your chief pilot.

Really annoyed with some of the carry on in this region. Those pilots wouldn't dare try pulling stunts like that flying into Heathrow, Frankfurt or New York. You'd be sent packing!!