PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas August 23rd announcements
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 11:34
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alan Joyce, welcome again to the program.

ALAN JOYCE, CEO, QANTAS: Thanks Leigh. It's good to be here with you.

LEIGH SALES: The question I'm sure passengers would like me to ask you is what does a substantial loss like this mean for them? Will it make any difference to people who fly Qantas?

ALAN JOYCE: No, it won't. I mean, we're still investing very much for the future in Qantas. We're spending $1.9 billion for new aircraft this year and next year. We've gotten the fleet down to the lowest age it's been in some time, 8.3 years of age. We're investing in new lounges, new entertainment system. So that investment is a very important part of the turnaround that we're planning for the international and the domestic business.

LEIGH SALES: A lot of people will remember the industrial action last year and the decision to shut down flights briefly. What's your internal research telling you about the impact that that's had on customer attitudes and loyalty?

ALAN JOYCE: Yeah, customer loyalty for the premium Qantas brand is as strong as it's ever been. We're seeing that our customer advocacy, which is people's impressions of Qantas when they fly, people's impressions of our product and our service, is at the highest levels it's ever been. So we're very confident that we're in a very good position in terms of customer loyalty, in terms of customer focus and in terms of where the brand is positioned.
when you read this bit back again, how do ya feel...... and he gets away with it. double

video up soon.... for those who missed it...