PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to go from here?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 09:27
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect, this is a classic example of what numerous people are faced with when they have finished their training.

As has been mentioned, and I know it is tricky for you with your work commitments, but you must find a way to move forward if you want to fulfil your goals in the world of aviation. As Rocky Balboa said in his final instalment, 'its not about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, that is how winning is done!'. I tend to agree with this statement, and it worked for me and a lot of guys now flying for a living.

Its interesting reading peoples experiences. I frequently read these forums, and over the last couple of years and instructing was has been given bad press in the respect of being useless of a way to build experience in the current climate. However, it is refreshing to read that people through determination and sacrifices have made the contacts they need to move onto what they wanted to achieve and at the same time have built some valuable experience along the way. Instructing is only one option, but its a great way to meet people, make contacts and keep current. It certainly keeps your flying sharp.

You know this already, but its important to keep current.

Hindsight is a great thing. And this is for the benefit of people reading this who are considering the career as a pilot, you must think carefully about how you are going to achieve this. Thorough research of what you want to achieve must be sought. Talk to as many people as possible for advice, and I mean people who have been there and done it. Have a shrew financial plan along with contingencies built in.

I know its difficult, so many of us here as you know have been through it and know how tough it is and it plays with your emotions. I wish you luck.

All the best.