PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Dempsey Attacks SpecOps Group for Protesting Whitehouse Leaks
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 03:28
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
General Dempsey Attacks SpecOps Group for Protesting Whitehouse Leaks

General Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, recently attacked a group of former SpecOps and CIA Agents who are protesting the continuing leak of sensitive Classified Information that is alleged to be sourced amongst Obama White House National Security Staff or Senior Advisors to the President.

I felt compelled to tell the General what I thought of his comments about that group and what they are doing.

OPSEC is a very common concern here in this forum and I find it extremely odd that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs would find fault with a group that were protesting the leak of operational information and techniques that plainly endanger serving SpecOps forces.

Was I too harsh on the General?

General Dempsey,

I am a former Army Warrant Officer Helicopter Pilot and NCIS Special Agent. I take great offense at your comments about the former and Retired SEALS, SF, CIA and others who are speaking out about the continuing leaks of very classified information which appears to be coming from the White House Staff.

Your criticism of those who are speaking out is wrong headed, absolutely devoid of any consideration of their First Amendment Rights as they are no longer on Active Duty, and who take effective efforts to prevent Active Duty Personnel from violating restrictions against Military Personnel participating in political activities.

They are far more correct in their conduct than is Leon Panetta (SecDef). Panetta, as you well know allowed Military personnel to participate in the Gay Pride events around the country recently while wearing their Uniform.

I might remind you Sir....Gay Pride groups are patently political in their activities.

Are you blind to the hypocrisy in the position you and Panetta demonstrate with your decisions and comments?

I am shocked that you elected to criticize the SpecOps folks as you did.....and did not take a public stand against the Gay Pride participation by Uniformed Personnel.

You are supposed to be the Senior Military Officer in this country and are thereby charged with seeing to the very best interests of those forces.

I view your lack of Honor to be much the same as William Westmoreland's when he traded my generation's lives for his promotion to the number one Soldier's job after his tenure in Vietnam. He sold us out then and Sir....in my view you have sold out the current generation of Soldiers in our military today.

You owe the Troops both an explanation for your comments and an apology for having made them. I see this as being no less an insult to the SpecOps guys than Patton slapping the Soldier. Loyalty is a two way street General....you seemed to have forgotten that.

Instead of criticizing the SpecOps guys you should be leading the effort to get to the source of the leaks they SpecOps guys are protesting about. You appear to have your priorities upside down.