PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (UK) Etiquette on service termination
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 16:53
soaringhigh650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anotherthing,

1. I do not...
Please read my post again. All I have stated was that UK en-route ATC already owns a huge amount of Class A airspace designed to exclude VFR flight.

2 VFR
Please read my post again. I can guarantee I can file a Eurocontrol acceptable route IFR but because it is Class A, the same route cannot be flown VFR. Why should one pay tens of thousands of pounds to get an IR to fly through some chunk of airspace?

4 but are you stating that you get charged for flying OCAS?
I don't myself but I know people who do.

you want to do something that is over and above basic needs for living, for example flying, why should you not pay for it?
Firstly let me clarify that I am NOT wanting things for nothing. I can completely recognize and accept that there are costs which need to be recovered.

Whether you recover your costs through taxation on users, or through user fees, I favor the taxation method and do not favor for-profit ANSPs. But this is just a personal opinion.

Where I do have a grudge is when a pilot talks about an issue with a service, and then someone on this forum sits on their hands and replies with a tone as if to imply "GA does not pay anything and therefore deserves nothing" or "GA needs to pay $$$$$ to get x, y, z rating or install equipment x, y, z which costs $$$$$ to order to use our airspace" then I see these as attitude problems that I CANNOT accept.

If HOWEVER somoene even took the initiative to say that they're listening, and note such things down for future improvements when funding does become available, then that would be a good start in the right direction.

Unfortunately it seems he does not have an idea what the ramifications are of having no restrictions in certain airspace.
As you're someone who claims to be in the know, why don't you tell us what makes the UK particuarly different to heavily congested airspaces in Germany, Benelux, France or Class B areas in the USA?

Where is the "attitude" against developing higher level VFR corridors and routes coming from?