PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero hours to RPT pilot within five years - How?
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 13:53
buzz_lightyear_777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero hours to RPT pilot within five years - How?

Hi All,

My Objective: Zero hours to RPT pilot within five years.
Method: How could I best achieve this, given my situation??

Situation: I'm 30 years old. I have seven years' project management, logistics and business experience in the Defence and Air Traffic Management industries. I don't want to work in an office environment for the rest of my life!

After seven years of hard work and disciplined saving my partner and I own our home outright and enjoy a combined income approaching $200,000. I'm in Canberra and I work Monday to Friday.

My partner and I have no debt, no plans for children within the next five years and she's all for me pursuing a flying career. I have zero flying experience and I'll spare everyone the line about wanting to become a pilot since blah blah blah.....

I completed the B.Av (Management) degree at UNSW many years ago and quite a few of the 'rich kids of leisure' who went through the flying stream are now well established F/Os with the airlines. I want to do what they're doing for a day job - What's the best way for me to approach this, given my age, education, life/career experience and the financial resources available to me?

Thanks,
Buzz