PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to go from here?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 12:12
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mate....

Can sympathise with your situation, me and a few friends/colleagues from flt school were/are in your exact situation. Actually all of us bar one or two are older.

What did we do.... well, whilst none of us regretted the sacrifices and investment we made, we thought if we didn't push things forward, it may sound harsh but it was all for nothing and the money wasted. Also, sorry to sound negative but we were worried we didn't have time on our side. For those able, having spent a lot more than 73k on course + renewals, they thought they had to throw more money at it (getting the money by whatever means possible, further loans, working or family) doing P2F in Indonesia (all have jobs now with the likes of Qatar, Jet2). Some luckily (like me) had dual nationality to fall back on. One mate got lucky, trying his luck... knocking on doors in the Far East.

Two stayed in the UK, one is still a part time instructor, doing his IT consulting job during the week and instructing on weekends and another friend has just landed a job with Thomson (he worked for 3+ years full time as an instructor and made contacts and got lucky). My mate who still instructs part time, has also built up contacts and had a couple of leads (although unfortunately this has not lead to anything just yet).

I think the post'er' below who mentioned about the GAPAN scholarship gave some sound advice - i'm a member actually. Anyway appreciate based on what you said, some of this is not relevant but just wanted to reply. Good luck to you!

Last edited by bananaman2; 22nd Aug 2012 at 12:17.