PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAVE BAGBY AIRFIELD FROM CLOSURE
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 05:08
airfieldagent007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are you a local resident or a GA pilot, or both? Supporter or critic?
You are obsessed with labels, am I friend or foe? I have an interest in the aviation industry.
I joined this discussion to bring to you the results of the enforcement appeals at Bagby, something the creator, the airfield manager has chosen not to do.
As highlighted by other posters we can all see why, with inconsistent and inadequate evidence at the heart of Bagbys defence.
It is clear that Bagby airfield only exists because it consistently ignores planning and other regulations, you would like to think if pilots are running air taxi business from there they would have an AOC, however this is not the case they get around this by simply hiring the plane and the pilot.
Like in all industries you will get those who put profit before standards this is not acceptable in the aviation industry and the GA community will suffer for it if we allow operations like Bagby to exist alongside legitimate airfields like Sherburn.
The ombudsman’s report allows for a discontinuance order to be served on Bagby airfield this is a good result for the owner and the remaining business, they will all get compensated and the legitimately run airfields will benefit from the dispersed trade.
I for one will not be visiting Bagby again.