PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2012, 22:04
Lonewolf_50

Received 478 Likes on 297 Posts
No, you just can't train for every eventuality or cover it with checklist.
That wasn't my point.
I wonder who you are talking to with your listing of some pilots, who knew how to fly and knew their machines. They did did well when things went sideways. Not all pilots do, if we take it back to Wilbur and Orville, or even Otto Lilienthal. A non trivial amount of what we learn, or learned, as pilots was first written in blood.
Those who are fooled into belief everything about flying can be covered with a thick rulebook (which can even less cushion the impact nowadays when they are virtual instead made of paper),
Who are you talking about?
If you are attempting to make an allusion to me, you are simply wrong. If not, then whomever it is you are referring to may wish to address that.
... about base and superstructure; pilots without very good grip on basics are bound to misunderstand the advanced, type related stuff and that may turn out to be lethal.
Which takes us back to flying and using a scan pattern, be it a VFR scan, an integrated scan, an instrument scan, or a tailored scan.

Scan is part of Flying 101. Well, it used to be, and I hope it is now. I suspect that CFIs still teach such things.

If you require a definition of scan (I doubt you do, and sense that you are playing a game with that) I will suggest that you don't belong in a discussion regarding flying on a forum where Professional Pilots hang out.

That is sort of like ... if one were to hang out on a La Leche League forum, one would need to know what a tit is, and why a baby tends to suckle at it.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 21st Aug 2012 at 22:07.