PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2012, 20:22
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

1. "Effective aircraft"
Originally Posted by Dozy Wannabe
The "Effective Aircraft" theory seems to be yours alone, and I must confess I don't follow it, but that's possibly because I'm a poor reader
Aviation safety and pilot control: understanding and preventing unfavorable Pilot-Vehicle Interactions
isbn=0309056888...National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Effects of Aircraft-Pilot Coupling on Flight Safety - 1997 - Transportation - 208 pages
Implications for Design of the Effective Aircraft Dynamics Reduce time lags in the high-frequency effective aircraft dynamics. To reduce tendencies for ...

In this book (1997), some very good Machinbird reference, you will find 51 occurences of "effective aircraft".
[/quote]

I already posted this reference months ago...
I would have been very proud to have the idea of that perfect concept !

Originally Posted by Dozy Wannabe
one relatively minor factor in one accident
I did not compare AF447 and Perpignan flights, every crash is a new one and always something different, but your philosophy of design based on insurance rates vs trying to progress in air safety, improving the methods.
One crash is not less serious than ten, if working better in system conception would help to decrease that number, and we refuse to do it. Research and development is mandatory.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 22nd Aug 2012 at 00:43.