PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 21st Aug 2012, 09:46
antiskid marks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contigency fuel roughly 7 mins
diversion fuel to Valencia I guess is about 35 mins
final reserve 30 mins
total 72mins
with a very rough calculation you can end up having 70 mins of extra flight time with no more than minimum fuel...word twisting

extra flight time is not a regulatory word....extra flight time compared to what? minimum Fplan fuel? or extra flight time to normally burnt fuel on this route?(and then, per regulations you get your 70 mins anyway from offblock)

Just another statement to say that obviously, it's bad luck, bad luck happening only to FR and to three of their aircraft in a row on the same evening. Believing it is a lot of disrespect to other airlines to my taste. They try to say that they save so much fuel, are so efficient, and so unlucky. Basically they say that all the BA,LH,AF crew...etc etc are a bunch of losers who are that bad that they're not able to do the same, so arrogant.
This sort of statement means absolutely nothing, are carefully chosen to mislead people. I think nobody should buy this. If they were so large on fuel then why don't they say simply how many tons (or maybe just kgs) they were above Fplan fuel at offblock.
If it's 70 mins of extra fuel, you're talking 2800kgs on top on the 737 if I'm not wrong. 110mins before mayday in the hold either in MAD or VLC...are you kidding me? Why not 5 hours... Please correct me but if you're not tankering that's a huge amount of extra fuel even for any legacy airline. I don't know anybody from any airline who would fly medium haul on 737/320 with that amount of extra fuel,even on snowy days it starts to be a very very large amount of extra fuel....so that seems a little strange. Although it COULD be true if all of them were tankering. Now, even if it would be true, somebody needs to explain how you burn 70 mins of fuel in not holding on the radar tracks that somebody showed earlier on. And if you hold, you burn your fuel till the last drop...Did the three of them had a major fuel leak simultaneously or what?

The problem when you put **** under the carpet is that it keeps smelling...