PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any details of Global Express 9H-FED
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 19:43
falconer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well...

Propellerpilot- let us agree that we only speculate now..

there is absolutely NO confirmed info in any media on what really has happened..

the only fact that seems clear is, that a Global full of dope had left Venezuela in the middle of the night without talking to ATC AND had landed at LPA, an EU airport.

Now, yes, I speculate, because I assume ( maybe wrongfully) but still I am sure, that that Global had a crew of lawabiding qualified pilots and a FA who had been caught up in developments beyond their control...over there..

What the pilot obviously COULD control with a bit of luck, was the way OUT...

the way OUT and that seems completely logical to me, with a Global with full tanks was across the ocean as close as possible to home and land on EU territory..

the rest of the story I guess we will read in the news once the authorities deem the time fit and right..

P.S.: Imagine yourself in the very uncomfortable situation of that crew ( if innocent)..do you want to create havoc over the internet by mails or by satcom calls?...OR do you want to talk in person to a European police officer at the logical place you have elected to land, in that case LPA and explain the situation in all detail face-to-face and take it from there...and to do that you have to "aviate - navigate " and put that plane down where you deem it safest first..

Last edited by falconer1; 20th Aug 2012 at 20:35.