PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - uni/degree pilot training
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 18:42
9287Excellent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on the former Kingston and Cabair University course, Aviation Studies with Commercial Pilot Training is its full title. I understand this is being continued with BCFT in Bournemouth, where I'm finishing my flight training. The course has been pretty good, I wasn't as impressed with the final year at the university in Kingston, but this has since changed based on our years' feedback and I understand they have improved it a lot, might be worth considering. The only thing to bare in mind is the first two years are done down in Bournemouth at the flying school, including the university exams. After the 2 years you get a foundation degree with the third year, top-up year, resulting in a batchelors degree.
We did our PPLs in the January of the first year and the commercial stuff you can either do in the break between finishing year 2 and starting year 3 or after year 3.
I know a few guys from the year above us and one guy from our year has gone to Cathay Pacific and one of the requirements was that he had to have passed the degree, so some airlines seem to require it, some not so bothered.