PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any details of Global Express 9H-FED
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 17:12
falconer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed,but...

Propellerpilot- I basically fully agree with you..

however let us look at the options..

let us just assume that the crew sped off without any of the gangsters on board..lets say the crew told them that they will need around 30 minutes APU time before they could fly out...then with nobody else except themselves on board, they closed the door and started the motors as soon as the IRUs were up and flew off without lights...low level as fast as possible out of Venezuelan airspace..that's important, they had to assume that if intercepted over Venezuela and forced to land, they could have ended up in any jail or dead very soon..half of those arrested in Venezuela in that case, if true what is reported were from the National Guard..Chavez and his cronies are knee deep in drugs too..so anyway they took off and left as fast as possible...and tried to get out of reach of ANY Venezuelan authority...smart move

where to go now? To any Carribean state..or Mexico of all places...? Better not...the cartels are also at home there, they would not survive a night after landing there...

To the US?...well yes that is a possibility, IF you chose to lose the plane...the plane would have been impounded by the US in any case...and would have been lost for the owner, even if it is not the owner/operator's fault or the crew is not involved in the drug thing..that Global would already "belong" to the US government now if impounded there..

so off they went for Spain...the EU quite probably being the safest place for them, as all crew are EU citizens..

maybe I got it all wrong...but if that is what had happened, they did the right thing..but could be that I am completely wrong...but whatever has been reported up to date would let me assume what I wrote before..

we will not know before any final statements come from the operator and/or authorities...but those statements have not been made yet, which lets me believe that there still is a major sting ops going on now in that case and the authorities do not want to endanger their ops by providing too much info for the time being..

Last edited by falconer1; 20th Aug 2012 at 20:33.