PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Army Air Corps
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 15:55
hihover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Callum

You really do have a dilemma, which of these two services will you grace with your presence? Why not apply to both, however, looking at your level of communication skill plus what you have to offer at this point, I doubt you'll get through either door, but you never know.

Unfortunately Callum, the UK is full of bright, well qualified young men who want to do the same as you. I am sure you will come to find your place in that pile. I wish you well.

As for flying a desk.....it is a potential hazzard in either service, depending on the route you take. Neither service produce better pilots than the other, they just have a slightly different mindset. I was fortunate enough to serve with both.

If I were you, I'd apply to both. It doesn't sound to me as though you are qualified for either as yet, but if either offer you a position, jump at it, and be very grateful.

Good luck.

Tam

Do remember, if you are able to get into the RAF, the best you will be is a Crab..........sorry guys.......what else could a Pongo say?

Last edited by hihover; 20th Aug 2012 at 19:19. Reason: Pre-empting Pontious