PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 20th Aug 2012, 14:49
the_stranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not saying you can' t come earlier and I am not saying if you do come earlier, it's always on the boss' time.
If 45 minutes works for you and your colleagues, fine, that is how it should be, but when time and time again the planned time of 45 minutes is not enough to do your work, and such comments have been made in this topic regarding the briefing time at RYR, the time you do come earlier, does count as worktime (for me and at least for the law in my country).

I am usually 15 minutes early and sometimes I start the briefing "too early", but not because the time I do have on my roster isn't enough. I use the extra time to chat with my colleagues.

Saying it is normal to come 15 to 30 minutes earlier, because your boss doesn't give you enough time to do your job opens the door to less or no time planned before the flight leaves. Your working hours start at pushback, the time you need to safely prebrief your flight doesn't count.

I don't think that is what we, as professionals, would like to see, now is it?

The law states, as would common sense, that you should have enough time to properly and safely plan your flight. If not, delay the flight, but an employer can't ask time and time again to come in your own time to do the work they should pay you for (and add to the FDP).

Last edited by the_stranger; 20th Aug 2012 at 14:52.