PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to go from here?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 13:25
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only you can decide "where you go from here?"

Firstly, a lapsed CPL/IR is useless. So you would need to revalidate it.

Your options are then as good or bad as they are for thousands of others in similar positions. If flying is expensive in Devon find somewhere cheaper. In all honesty, I would imagine the premium is rapidly offset by travelling costs unless you are considering a significant number of flying hours.

I am afraid the fundamental truths still prevail that flying is expensive and there are simply no guarantees. I understand the difficulties you face, but you seem to provide all of your own obstacles to the options available. If you cannot overcome those obstacles (with all of the attendant risks) then nobody else can do it for you.

What is it you want to do? Answer this question and price the solution and you will at least have some sort of roadmap.

One thing I can almost guarantee you, is that airlines are not going to come scouring for people in your position. There are thousands of qualified and current people determined to seek out the few opportunities available. They are joined by hundreds more every other month.

People are finding jobs. Some are better than others. Many are stepping stones to future better positions. Those jobs are relatively few and far between, and where they are is no particular secret if you read these forums.

It is a very hard hill to climb and it is a hill littered with bodies. If you want sympathy and support you will find it here in abundance. If you want to be in with any sort of fighting chance, get off your backside! I say that not to be unkind, simply that it is fundamental to any progression.

Lastly, you have done well to service your loans in such a difficulty economy and you are to be admired for that commitment. Use some of that commitment to help you progress on to where you want to be.