PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 20th Aug 2012, 09:18
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to clarify I was not suggesting that Ryanair pilots skimp on "pre flight planning" - from my 5 years in the Company I know that the huge majority will come in at least 15 mins before the report time (and yes I was one of them) because as professional pilots they realise that, in fact, 45 minutes is hardly sufficient to do the job properly, especially on multi sector days etc.

Depone, whilst in essence I agree that it is, to an extent, semantics but the labels we put on certain activities (or even people LOL) have a big influence on our mindset and thinking. The dictionary definition of paperwork is "Work involving the handling of reports, letters, and forms." I suppose you could argue that pre flight planning is work so there you have it!

Quote:
I wonder if you would count those 15/30 minutes towards your max FDP and does RYR do that?
If I've understood you correctly the answer is yes and yes.
So just to clarify are you saying that if you report 15 minutes early that you would make this your FDP start time? If the FO had reported 30 minutes early would you make that his report time?