PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 08:11
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately the €urocrats have ordained, in Article 10 of the Aircrew Regualtion, that
Quote:
In order for holders of military flight crew licences to obtain Part-FCL licences, they shall apply to the Member State where they served.
So for a UK military pilot to apply to an ATO outside the UK might prove problematic.

BEagle - yes I saw that you posted that earlier. But surely that is only relevant if a QMP is seeking automatic accreditation for their experience (eg only a UK QMP can get automatic accreditation at a UK FTO).

What legal impediment is there to stop a UK QMP applying to a non-UK EASA FTO? I suspect that their application would be treated on individual merit. For example, in France, even French QMPs do not have "automatic" rights - they have to submit their logbooks to an FTO, the FTO submits a file to the DGAC, and the DGAC sends back to the FTO a minimum syllabus. This is the same for non-EASA QMPs who apply to French FTOs (eg ex Algerian Air Force etc).

I can't see why a British QMP would be treated any differently. I'm willing to make a preliminary enquiry at my local French FTO if anybody wants to at least explore the option.

Last edited by Trim Stab; 20th Aug 2012 at 08:27.