PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2012, 07:36
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PrestonPilot
Made the cut on an entirely staged selection day which whilst they obviously have to have some sort of selection doesn't really mean a lot once you are working for them.....
Why do they bother then?

More relevantly, perhaps, why did CTC themselves bother with a more thorough selection process back in the times of unsecured loans and bond repayments by what was a larger pool of of partner airlines (2005/2007)? It was a fantastic scheme back then. Now, not so good.

As the deal worsens, the quality of the product (those leaving/joining CTC) decreases. What was that quote on CHIRP? "Woefully undertrained". http://www.chirp.co.uk/Downloads/ATFB/ATFB101.pdf

People talking about CTC's placement record, has it not occurred to you that they continue to place people on flexicrew because it is a profit centre for them? They will continue to place people until the day when there are so many flexi FOs at easyJet that each is flying such a small amount that even the most deluded will start to shy away from signing up. I actually doubt the most deluded will ever stop signing up, though my sentiments remain.

Originally Posted by FANS
Spain not being able to make social security payments?; I am genuinely interested at what point you would choose not to spend the £100k.
I think you overestimate the worldview of many training to be pilots at the moment. Infact, I sure hope you are, because I simply see no reason whatsoever why anyone who had any grasp of what is going on in the world at the moment, would start training on an untagged scheme.

There's nothing like just waiting a while is there? It has to be now now now, even of the outlook is absolutely awful.

Last edited by BerksFlyer; 20th Aug 2012 at 07:44.