PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (UK) Etiquette on service termination
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2012, 19:58
Genghis the Engineer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
From a pilot's point of view, I'm not sure why you are surprised or upset about this. From the tone of your post I assume you don't climb into IMC very often.
On the latter point, absolutely correct - as I said, I'm an inexperienced instrument pilot, trying to enhance my understanding.

Yes, I found the circumstance uncomfortable, but I'm trying to enhance my understanding - and very much appreciate the responses I'm getting. I'm being careful not to argue my corner, I'm trying to learn here and am quite willing to accept that my understanding is lacking, which is why I've asked.

The lesssons I'm getting here seem to be

(a) that I need to understand the air traffic services better
(b) that I need to be thinking ahead better towards the next service I'm seeking.
(c) that I have to accept such a service termination, and be prepared for it.

But I'm more than happy to do more thinking, and more learning, and thanks for your time informing me.

I do however think I was right to climb into IMC above MSA and above anybody else down there rather than stooge around in marginal visibility at low level, and yes the service I got was excellent. It's the service termination that I'm really trying to understand.

G