PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Expect an ILS approach"?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2012, 14:17
Uplinker

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
Hi Chevvron,

I don't see where on this thread you can draw the conclusion that : "I seem to be unaware that RTF is recorded". Of course I know this, but that has no relevance to what I'm on about here.

I am trying to enquire if this phrase could be omitted from the ATIS if it is the normal approach aid used by the airfield for 95% of the time. OR: instead of the long winded "Runway 35. Expect an ILS approach", could it not be: "ILS runway 35"? This would allow the ATIS to rotate more quickly which is useful if one is trying to quickly get an ATIS update, and don't want to be away from the flight and radios for too long.

The point made about it meaning that visuals will not be allowed might have some merit, but the busy commercial airfields I fly from have continuous sequences of aircraft flying ILS's, and requests for visuals are rare.

With more and more traffic in the skies, and busier and busier ATC sectors; wouldn't it be beneficial to make RTF stuff simpler and easier and reduce the number of words used, rather than make it more wordy and more complex?

I would like to emphasise that I am asking this question to try to make things easier for everyone, and am not just criticising.

U

Last edited by Uplinker; 19th Aug 2012 at 14:29.